Tabs

Friday, April 01, 2011

. Macadamia Nut Pie .

Pin It


Mmmm, pie.
This would be my first time baking a pie. I'm really glad and surprised it turned out well. The recipe was an easy one so if you've never baked one either and you've always wanted to try then you could test out your skills on this. Plus you could just use those frozen pie crusts to alleviate the work of making your own (less dishes to wash! win!) It's a piece of cake. or PIE, in this case! Get it?! lol:D Ok that was a terrible joke :p 
Anyway, I hope to be more adventurous the next time and make the whole thing from scratch. Maybe I'll make a blueberry one! Why did I chose macadamia nut as my first choice? Well, simply because its my husband's favorite, that's why!


Macadamia Nut Pie



Ingredients:

  • 1 and 1/2 cups chopped macadamia nuts
  • 1/2 cup light corn syrup
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 3 tablespoons butter (melted)
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 nine-inch frozen pie crust

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Pour chopped macadamia nuts into pie crust.
Mix corn syrup, brown sugar, melted butter, eggs and vanilla extract together in a bowl.
Pour mixture over macadamia nuts.
Bake for 55 minutes until golden brown.
Cool pie before serving. ( It tastes best when its made a day ahead and refrigerated )

see? told you it was easy!




i like chunky pieces, but you could always chop yours finer if you like.





thank goodness for premade crusts! its a busy mommy's best friend:)





yes, there's a piece of pie somewhere under that gigantic scoop of ice cream.
oh, and don't mind my crappy plating skills.
i had a 1 year old yelling at me at the time, so it was a bit of a rushed job.



No comments:

Post a Comment